Pasif Cümle mi Aktif Cümle mi Belirlemek İçin Ne Yapmalı, Örnek Cümleler
Cümle kurarken, bu cümlenin aktif mi yoksa pasif bir cümle mi olacağınan karar veririz ve cümleye, hakkında konuşacağımız nesne ya da kişi ile başlarız.
- St Paul’s Cathedral was built between 1675 and 1710. (Katedral hakkında konuşuyoruz.)
- St Paul’s Cathedral was built by Christopher Wren. (Katedral hakkında konuşuyoruz.)
- Christopher Wren built St Paul’s Cathedral. (Christopher Wren hakkında konuşuyoruz.)
Aşağıdaki aktif ve pasif olarak kurulan cümleleri inceleyelim:
Shakespeare wrote Hamlet in 1601.
- this sweater/Ann’s mother/make
- Hamlet was written by Shakespeare in 1601.
Ann’s mother made this swerter.
- Janet/the electricity bill/last week/pay
- This sweater was made by Ann’s mother.
Janet paid the electricity bill last week.
- the first television/J.L. Baird/1924/build
- The electricity bill was paid by Janet last week.
The first television was built by J.L. Baird in 1924.
- J.L. Baird built the first television in 1924.
Aşağıdaki örnek cümlelerle ingilizce pasif (pasif voice) konusunu tekrar edelim:
- Baseball is played by two teams of nine players.
- How many languages will be spoken in 2100?
- Yesterday, letters were sent to all the members of the club.
- What kind of oil is used in Mexican cooking?
- Where is your coat? It’s being repaired.
- Oh, dear, I’m late – has my name been called yet?
Aşağıdaki cümlelerde parantez içindeki fiillerin kullanımlarına göz atalım:
- Potatoes were brought to Europe from South America in the 1500s. (bring)
- Your class will be taught by Mrs Nash on Monday next week. (teach)
- Five hundred years ago, Latin was spoken by people all over Europe. (speak)
- I’m working at home today because my office is being painted. (paint)
- Someone’s been using my desk – all my papers have been moved. (move)
- ‘Two’ and ‘too’ are pronounced the same. (pronounce)